Volledige titel: Art in Time. A World History of Styles and Movements
An up-to-date guide to the most significant art styles and movements from the present to antiquity
Beginning with the most recent artistic developments of the twenty-first century and tracing the thread of art history back in time, Art in Time offers a new perspective on the styles and movements of art. Tracked on a timeline of historical and art historical events that provides social and political context, each style or movement is defined by representative artworks, and its place in the history of art illuminated by concise and engaging texts written by specialists in each period.
This unique presentation of the 150 most important artistic styles and movements allows you to explore the family tree of art history and to come away with an understanding of how art is informed by its time and its predecessors, adapting and changing the way we see, think and interpret the world around us. Spanning not just the Western tradition but also styles and movements from India, China, Japan, Latin America and Africa, Art in Time shows the way styles and movements intersect and influence each other throughout time.
Historical photographs and documentary ephemera bring each period to life. A preface, comprehensive glossary and index make this a complete resource for anyone curious about how art became what it today.
"Beautifully produced... An absorbing and enlightening gallop through art. The careful balance of digestible chunks of information with beautiful images makes this equally rewarding as a dip-into coffee table book or a cover to cover read."
Royal Academy of Arts Magazine
"Like Theseus’s string guiding him the Minotaur’s labyrinth, Art in Time leads the reader through the most important styles, schools and movements from art history, and how each movement built upon its predecessor. Understand how the disobediences of the day impacted on the world of art."
Bridget Arsenault, Vanity Fair
Over twenty specialist contributors include:
- Gauvin Alexander Bailey, Professor and Bader Chair in Southern Baroque Art at Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario
- Noit Banai, Lecturer of Visual and Critical Studies at Tufts University, School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Lee Beard, Independent Art Historian and Editor of the Ben Nicholson Catalogue Raisonné
- Lucy Bowditch, Associate Professor of Art History at the College of Saint Rose in Albany, New York
- Olga Goriunova, Assistant Professor in the Centre for Interdisciplinary Methodologies at the University of Warwick, Coventry
- Katie Hill, Director of the Office of Contemporary Chinese Art and consultant lecturer at Sotheby's Institute of Art
- Monica Kjellman-Chapin, Associate Professor of Art History at Emporia State University, Kansas
- Lloyd Laing, Senior Lecturer Emeritus in Archaeology, University of Nottingham
- Caroline Levitt, Visiting Lecturer at the Courtauld Institute of Art, London
- Matthew McKelway, Associate Professor of Japanese Art History at Columbia University, New York
- Jeffrey Moser, Assistant Professor of East Asian Art History at McGill University, Montreal
- Stella Paul, formerly Educator-in-Charge of Exhibitions and Communication, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
- Alistair Rider, Lecturer in Art History at the University of St Andrews, Scotland
- Robert Shane, Assistant Professor of Art History at the College of Saint Rose in Albany, New York
- Sarah Symmons, Reader Emeritus in Art History and Theory, University of Essex
- Elsje van Kessel, Lecturer in Art History at the University of St Andrews, Scotland
- Alicia Volk, Associate Professor of Japanese Art History at the University of Maryland.
Direct uit voorraad leverbaar.
Binnen Nederland zijn de verzendkosten GRATIS.
© 2022 www.kunstboek-shop.nl - Powered by Shoppagina.nl