The first book to celebrate the beautiful and provocative ways artists have represented, scrutinized and utilized the body over centuries, of course also containing the works of contemporary body art.
- Examines art through that most accessible and relatable lens: the human body.
- There are no directly comparable titles in the market; this is the only book to examine the subject in such depth and scope.
- Diverse and multi-cultural, it explores the manifestations of the body through time, cultures and media.
- Visually arresting, this book will surprise, inspire and inform art lovers everywhere.
- Over 400 artists featured: works range from 11,000 BC hand stencils in Argentine caves to videos and performances by contemporary artists such as Marina Abramovic, Joan Jonas and Bruce Nauman.
Follows in the tradition of bestsellers such as The Story of Art , The Art Book, The Photography Book, and 30,000 Years of Art.
"I don't think about this book as an art book... It's a book that uses art to talk about what it means to be human."
"Works are often presented in unlikely but enlightening pairings... With modest design and concise commentary; this is an intelligent, illuminating survey of a topic that has an enduring appeal."
"Body of Art juxtaposes Sandro Botticelli's Venus with Vanessa Beecroft's army of naked women, the iconic head of Nefertiti, and the work of Ryan Trecartin, among many other artists, to stunning effect. Highly recommended."
"A few months ago, Body of Art arrived in the post. I plonked it down on a coffee table pile. I've lost count of the number of times I've picked it up since. One moment I am talking to a visitor, the next they have vanished into a gawping reverie as they flip, fascinated, through its pages."
"A sumptuous and continually surprising survey... The editors have grouped their pictures in thought-provoking ways... Short interpretive texts make the correspondences more resonant."
Binnen Nederland zijn de verzendkosten GRATIS.
© 2020 www.kunstboek-shop.nl - Powered by Shoppagina.nl